Ten measures to promote innovation and entrepreneurship, promote high-quality development and build a globally influential innovation and entrepreneurship center
1. Focus on technical bottlenecks of core technologies in the “3 + X” industry areas that are planned for development in the East Lake High-tech Development Zone – including optoelectronic information, biomedicines and medical equipment and intelligent industries. Support enterprises to independently implement or combine external advantageous innovation resources, to carry out and develop key core technology projects.
2. Support the construction of the industrial innovation consortium and the industrial technology research institute. Focusing on the "3 + X" leading industry and future industry layout of the East Lake High-tech Development Zone, support domestic and foreign key colleges and universities and leading enterprises (with an annual operating income of more than 1 billion yuan ($141 million) to build an industrial innovation consortium (research institute), develop cutting-edge leading technologies, R&D and industrialization of disruptive technologies, key core technologies.
3. Cultivate and guide the development of high-quality high-end entrepreneurial projects. Encourage scientific and technological personnel of colleges and universities with scientific and technological achievements, backbones and technical personnel of large enterprises, overseas returnees, doctors in medical and health institutions -- as well as excellent entrepreneurial teams of various innovation and entrepreneurship contests to establish technology-based enterprises in Optics Valley.
4. Cultivate and strengthen a group of pioneering and innovative enterprises.
5. Promote the transformation and commercialization of scientific and technological achievements and technology transfers of scientific research institutes in universities.
6. Strengthen Optics Valley's own capacity development for market transformation of scientific and technological achievements. Encourage colleges and universities to set up scientific and technological achievement commercialization workstations (centers) in Optics Valley -- and carry out targeted screenings, promotions and transformation of Optics Valley patent results.
7. Encourage and support the creation and establishment of national, provincial and municipal maker space and incubators. Each year, the main leaders of the incubator, the maker space and the technology transfer organization are headed to the global renowned innovative enterprises to learn the concepts and service models of the world's advanced business incubation and technology transformation and commercialization.
8. Establish a 1 billion-yuan science and technology angel investment guidance fund, support maker space and incubation service institutions, industrial technology research institutes and other institutions to join social equity investment institutions to form science and technology angel funds, and those who meet the declaration conditions of the zone's venture capital guidance fund sub-fund will be given priority in capital allocation. For those who invest in science and technology enterprises in the initial stages and at the seed stage, 50 percent of the investment income of the venture capital guidance fund of the zone can be awarded to the social capital of the sub fund. Support the transformation and upgrading of maker space and incubation institutions to investment and in-depth services.
9. Support various market players such as enterprises, scientific and technological achievements transfer and commercialization institutions, maker space and incubation institutions, to set up overseas innovation centers in the top 20 countries and regions of the global innovation index.
10. Support industry alliances, industry associations, enterprises and other units to host and undertake activities that are in line with the key industrial development directions of the zone -- and help Optics Valley companies participate in international exchanges and cooperation, influential professional industry conferences, high-end forums, academic conferences and other activities.