In 2009, it was decided to construct a talent zone in East Lake High-tech Development Zone and to do so it formulated and carried out the "3551 Optics Valley Talent Schema" – a plan and conceptual framework, according to officials of the zone.
The zone, which is also known as Optics Valley of China, is located in the city of Wuhan, in China's Central Hubei province.
The talent zone aims at recruiting and supporting top local and international talented professionals engaged in scientific and technological innovation, the commercialization of research findings and scientific and technological entrepreneurship.
Zone officials said that the 3551 Optics Valley Talent Schema has become a long-term talent introduction plan.
Seven areas of talent recruitment:
1. Innovative and enterprising talent from the optoelectronics information industry.
2. Innovative and enterprising talent in the bioindustry.
3. Innovative and enterprising talent in the energy conservation and environmental protection industry.
4. Innovative and enterprising talents in the high-end equipment manufacturing industry.
5. Innovative and enterprising talents in the services industry.
6. Top management personnel.
7. Talent in the science and technology (finance) services.
Types of talent mainly recruited:
1. 3551 international top talent: Winners of internationally renowned science and technology awards such as the Nobel Prize, Turing Award, and Lasker Award; winners of the National Science and Technology Awards; academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Chinese Academy of Engineering and academicians of overseas developed countries.
2. 3551 top talent from various industries: National-level experts and winners of national-level science and technology innovation awards; leaders of domestic and overseas national-level research project teams; deputy deans of world-renowned universities or experts and scholars at equivalent levels; technical R&D directors and core members of management teams of world top 500 companies, China top 500 companies and other famous enterprises; strategic emerging industry enterprises.
3. 3551 high level innovation and entrepreneurship talent: Experts and scholars holding the position of associate professor or above, or the equivalent level in domestic and foreign universities and scientific research institutions; professional technical personnel and management personnel who hold senior positions in world-famous enterprises; top level talent who hold senior technical positions in leading multinational companies, large financial institutions, human resources institutions, law firms, accounting firms.
Support services and polices for talent development:
1. Increase financing support for 3551 talents' innovation and entrepreneurship projects.
2. Support the development of 3551 talents' businesses.
3. Create a high-level innovation and entrepreneurship platform.
4. Build an international exchange and service platform for talents.
5. Strengthen the life guarantee for 3551 talents.